The 5th University of Embu Students Association (UESA) Council elections were held on Tuesday, 27th July 2021 to elect a new students council. The elections were held via an Online Election System developed by the University’s ICT department.
This is the 2nd Online election the students have participated in since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
During the election the following candidates were elected to different positions in the UESA council:
1. Mr. Gweth Enock – Chairman, UESA
2. Ms. Kaburu Tracey – Vice-Chairlady, UESA
3. Mr. Mwendwa Max – Secretary-General, UESA
4. Mr. Wanjala Clintony – Treasurer, UESA
5. Mr. Ogola Clinton – Male Representative, UESA
6. Ms. Karwitha Moreen – Female Representative, UESA
7. Ms. Mbiti Esther- Special Needs Representative, UESA
The swearing-in ceremony was a blend of both physical and virtual interaction. In his speech the VC, Prof. Daniel Mugendi said.
“As you take up your new assignments, remember that even in the midst of all the efforts that you will put to represent and articulate the issues affecting the students, your core business in the University is to seek knowledge, academic excellence, professional growth, and personal development”.